Wednesday 30 December 2009

Sketches and new desk

Right, I thought I'd chime in with a quick update again before the end of the year.

I've spent the day re-arranging the front room at home to try and give me more workspace. I've also re-oriented my second monitor to portrait rather than landscape for some more deskspace (also it looks cool).


New setup

As a bit of a treat here are also a couple of sketches I did recently. The first is a nice winter scene with Moo & Keo in a snowball fight.



Moo has the right idea.

These were both done for some friends, I asked them to name anything for me to draw and I would give it a go (it's always good practice to draw outside your comfort area). That first one was pretty easy, Moo & Keo are an easy draw for me nowadays. Now this second sketch was a bit different, I was asked to draw "A T-Rex shooting lasers out of it's eyes at a Shark that is flying because it has rockets under it's fins oh and the T-Rex is doing an ollie jumping over a car or something". Suffice to say that sketch was WELL outside my comfort zone, having said that I was quite pleased with the outcome.


I drew in a Narwhal watching, just because.

I swear I want a T-Shirt with that on it.

Ok, that's all for now. Whatever you're doing have a good New Years. See you in 2010.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment